Do you have questions?
Please email Yudelka Rosario at email@example.com
Application due date: Tuesday, July 1, 2014
- DEADLINE for scholarship applications is Tuesday, July 1, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Refer to Application Process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., reference forms, evidence of GPA, etc.) Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If any question does not apply to you in this application please put N/A in the space.
- Type or print legibly. Illegible applications will be returned to you.
- You will be notified by phone or e-mail in July regarding the status of your application.
- If you have any questions about the application, please call Yudelka Rosario, (773) 600-1279 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PURPOSE The UNIDOM Scholarship Fund was established in 2013. The mission of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to individuals enrolled for undergraduate study in community colleges, colleges, and universities.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE is based on financial need, academic performance, and leadership potential. The scholarship is awarded to one student each year. In addition, the recipient of the scholarship may not apply for the following year’s funds.
UNIDOM awards scholarships on the basis of a comprehensive process. Areas that are reviewed by the committee include, but are not limited to the following: Academic Accomplishments, Community Service, References, Personal Essay and Financial Need. UNIDOM pays scholarship funds directly to the recipient. UNIDOM Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, gender or sexual orientation. Scholarships awarded are based upon the availability of funds and additional qualifying criteria.
- Applicants must have permanent residence status in Illinois.
- Applicants must be accepted as a full time student at a college or university for the upcoming academic semester.
- Applicants must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
- Student must submit prove of the 2014-2015 Federal Student Aid Application (FAFSA).
- Applicants must complete and submit a Scholarship Application by Tuesday, July 1, 2014.
- Student must submit prove of keeping a 2.7 GPA or greater.
- Applications are due July 1, 2014.
- Applicants are notified if awarded a scholarship by July 15th 2014.
APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE:
- Completed application form.
- Two academic references from a guidance counselor or teacher.
- A letter completed reference from an employer or other community member.
- Proof of enrollment at an academic, vocational or technical school for post-secondary studies.
- Award notification will be given by mid-July 2014.
- Applicant must provide a copy of their student ID, and the correct mailing address of their institution.
CRITERIA FOR SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
- If applicant is awarded a scholarship, they are expected to volunteer for six hours at UNIDOM sponsored events for that calendar year.
- A scholarship recipient will coordinate with UNIDOM’s Volunteer Coordinator a plan for how they will meet their service requirement after accepting the scholarship.
Deadline for the application is Tuesday, July 1, 2014. Applications received after this date will not be considered.